Many hot issues are still being debated in Washington D.C., but one thing that’s clear is that President Trump’s administration is keeping his commitment to protect life!
On January 20th, President Trump will have been in office for one year. It’s stunning how much difference that year has made in the fight to protect life and end abortion. In just one year, our country’s leadership has shifted from President Obama who asked God to “bless Planned Parenthood”—an organization responsible for the deaths of 321,384 preborn children according to their latest report—to President Trump who today became the first sitting president to address the annual March for Life live via satellite.
Here’s a snapshot of the important actions protecting life & religious freedom that have been taken at the federal level in one year:
- TODAY: President Trump became the first sitting president to address the annual March for Life live via satellite.
- TODAY: The U.S. House passed the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act by 241-183! This bill requires proper medical care be given to infants who survive an abortion–rather than abandoning them die excruciating deaths alone and then be thrown out as medical waste. Now the Senate needs to follow suit and send the bill onto President Trump.
- TODAY: President Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services issued a letter ending the Obama Administration’s attempt to force states to include abortion providers in taxpayer funded Medicaid programs.
- TODAY: The Department of Health and Human Services also issued a new proposed rule to protect doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals from being forced to participate in abortions.
- TODAY: President Trump called on the Senate to send him the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act—banning abortions after 20 weeks, the point at which preborn children can feel pain—and promised to sign the bill when it reaches his desk. The U.S. is one of only 7 countries that allow elective abortions after 20 weeks—including North Korea and China.
- YESTERDAY: President Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services created a brand-new division on “Conscience and Religious Freedom,” charged with protecting doctors, nurses, and other medical professional from being forced to participate in abortions or assisted suicide.
- The Trump Administration issued guidance to enforce the requirement that taxpayer dollars not support abortions in Obamacare exchange plans.
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions distributed strong legal guidelines across the entire government, designed to protect people of faith.
- The Departments of Health and Human Services, Treasury, and Labor issued rules rules to protect Americans, like the Little Sisters of the Poor, from being forced to pay for health insurance that covers drugs that can cause early abortions.
- On the National Day of Prayer 2017, President Trump issued an Executive Order, directing his administration to make protecting religious freedom and conscience rights a priority—signaling that the hostility toward people of faith and ministries by the previous administration had ended.
- On President Trump’s first week in office, he reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy, which protects $9 billion in taxpayer-funded foreign aid from being used to fund the global abortion industry.
What a difference 1 year makes!
“We are grateful that President Trump is serious about protecting life in America. Family Policy Alliance cares about electing prolife leaders and helping pass strong prolife laws in D.C. and in every state of the country because we care about the lives saved—and because each of those lives is an individual loved by and made in the image of our God,” said Paul Weber, President & CEO for Family Policy Alliance on today’s 45th annual March for Life.
“Roe v. Wade isn’t the final say on the life issue. Men and women of faith around our country who are committed to taking action will be the final say in protecting life and ending abortion,” Weber concluded.
Will you help keep the momentum going in the fight to protect life & freedom? Please share this email with friends who would like to know the good news about the protections for life and religious freedom happening NOW. Or, you can share this on your Facebook page by using the buttons below.